Our blackberries are now USDA certified organic! Our blackberry season usually runs from June til July, depending on weather. All our blackberries are pick-your-own. We do not have pre-picked.
Picking Blackberries 2020:
- All picking this year is by appointment only. This will ensure that our farm is not too crowded. We are not taking picking appointments yet. We’ll begin taking them when we know our opening day — approximately the second week of June.
- To limit interactions, we are asking that you pay before picking. After paying, go to the field and fill your bucket, then go to your car. No more weighing fruit.
- Our picnic areas and chicken-viewing areas are closed for the year. Please bring your own drinking water.
What you can do to help:
- Wash your hands upon arrival at the farm.
- Wear a mask when checking in and when near others.
- Stay at least 6 feel away from others at all times.
- Keep your children with you, and at least 6 feet away from others, at all times.
Thank you for your understanding as we navigate this new process. We hope to see you soon!
How to Pick Blackberries
- Pick the fattest berries, which will be dull black in color.
- Ripe berries come off easily – you should not have to tug.
- Look inside the plant and under the leaves as well as outside.
When You Get Home:
- Refrigerate your berries as soon as possible. Blackberries are the most perishable of the temperate fruits.
- Refrigerate blackberries in an airtight container with a paper towel to absorb moisture.
- Do not wash blackberries until you are ready to use them.
- Do not wash blackberries before freezing. If you do wash them, you can dry or freeze on a cookie sheet before packaging for long-term storage.