We grow thornless Navajo and Oachita varieties of blackberry. Our blackberries are USDA Certitied Organic by Quality Certification Services.
How to Pick Blackberries
- Pick the fattest berries, which will be dull black in color.
- Ripe berries come off easily – you should not have to tug.
- Look inside the plant and under the leaves as well as outside.
When You Get Home:
- Refrigerate your berries as soon as possible. Blackberries are the most perishable of the temperate fruits.
- Refrigerate blackberries in an airtight container with a paper towel to absorb moisture.
- Do not wash blackberries until you are ready to use them.
- Do not wash blackberries before freezing. If you do wash them, you can dry or freeze on a cookie sheet before packaging for long-term storage.