Our blueberry season usually runs from mid June til mid July, depending on weather. All our blueberries are pick-your-own. We do not have pre-picked.
Picking Hours and Price for 2019:
Wednesdays and Saturdays
7 a.m. – 12 noon
Please always call us (919-544-3313) or check our facebook page before you come. Sometimes we have to close or change our hours due to rain or lack of ripe berries.
Our blueberries are USDA Organic Certified by Quality Certification Services.
How To Pick Blueberries:
- Pick berries that are completely blue at the stem.
- Pick berries that come off easily.
- Blueberries have a powdery coating that protects the fruit. This is natural and not a spray.
- Green berries will not ripen after picking.
- The best picking is usually at the far ends of the rows. (Figures.)
- Watch your children and stay with them at all times. Teach them how to pick ripe berries.
- You may taste the berries as you pick, but please pay for any extra berries that you eat.
When You Get Home:
- Refrigerate your berries as soon as possible.
- Store blueberries in an airtight container with a paper towel to absorb moisture. They will keep for up to a week.
- Do not wash blueberries until you are ready to eat them.
- Do not wash blueberries before freezing. If you do wash them, you can dry or freeze on a cookie sheet before packaging for long-term freezing.