Our certified-organic blueberries are never sprayed, are ripe and delicious, keep for at least a week in the refrigerator, freeze well, and are the healthiest food you can eat. They are usually ripe from mid June to mid July, depending on weather.
Our blueberries are USDA Certified Organic by Quality Certification Services.
How To Pick Blueberries:
- Pick berries that are completely blue at the stem.
- Pick berries that come off easily.
- It is OK to lift up the branches to find the clusters of fruit underneath.
- Green berries will not ripen after picking.
- Blueberries have a powdery coating that protects the fruit. This is natural and not a spray.
- Watch your children and stay with them at all times. Teach them how to pick ripe berries.
When You Get Home:
- Refrigerate your berries as soon as possible.
- Store blueberries in an airtight container with a paper towel to absorb moisture. They will keep for at least a week.
- Do not wash blueberries until you are ready to eat them. Our blueberries have not been sprayed with anything.
- Do not wash blueberries before freezing. If you do wash them, you can dry or freeze on a cookie sheet before packaging for long-term freezing.
How to Grow Your Own Blueberries
We get a lot of questions about how to grow blueberries, and while we love this topic! we thought you might like to hear from an expert: North Carolina’s blueberry extension horticulturist Bill Cline. Dr. Cline has helped our farm enormously throughout the years. Check out his advice at https://www.newsobserver.com/living/article262810323.html