Our blueberries are usually ripe from mid June to mid July, depending on weather.
If your bucket looks like this (4-quart strawberry type), you may bring it for $1 off.
Our blueberries are USDA Certifiec Organic by Quality Certification Services.
How To Pick Blueberries:
- Pick berries that are completely blue at the stem.
- Pick berries that come off easily.
- Green berries will not ripen after picking.
- Blueberries have a powdery coating that protects the fruit. This is natural and not a spray.
- The best picking is usually at the far ends of the rows.
- Watch your children and stay with them at all times. Teach them how to pick ripe berries.
When You Get Home:
- Refrigerate your berries as soon as possible.
- Store blueberries in an airtight container with a paper towel to absorb moisture. They will keep for up to a week.
- Do not wash blueberries until you are ready to eat them.
- Do not wash blueberries before freezing. If you do wash them, you can dry or freeze on a cookie sheet before packaging for long-term freezing.